How to Heal Yourself by Talking to your Body

How to Heal Yourself by Talking to your Body
Your Cells are Listening

Every part of your body has its own consciousness or its own soul.

These transformative words, spoken by indigenous medicine women, began my journey within to discover the extraordinary healing capacity of the human body.

When this perspective was introduced to me, I was suffering from a severe chronic pain disorder. I suddenly imagined incorporating this concept into my meditation routine.

I thought, can my body hear me… can I talk to it to gain its cooperation in healing this condition?

Can my body hear me?Can my body hear me?

The Path to Freedom

That night, after reaching a state of deep calm through meditation, I inwardly engaged my body in a heartfelt conversation, with hope, but having no idea what to expect. After about one hour of this focused communication, something amazing happened.

My tissues began to respond. Connective tissue pulled and stretched apart layers of scar tissue. Nerves fired and my calf muscles began to perform flexion and extension exercises independently of my conscious control.

As this response continued, one of my calf muscles that had become paralyzed by the neuropathic condition — diagnosed as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy — came back to life as electric-like jolts shot through the area.

My heart pounded as I realized that the path to my freedom from this condition had finally begun.

Nerves fired and my calf muscles began to perform flexion and extension exercises independently of my conscious control.Nerves fired and my calf muscles began to perform independently of my conscious control.

Guidelines for Dynamic Healing

With a background in acupuncture and Oriental medicine, I knew too well how prevalent chronic pain is in this country and I wondered what the implications of this phenomenon could mean to so many others who were suffering.

As I continued to make progress with my condition, I organized my approach into a system that I could teach to clients and shifted my professional focus to hypnotherapy.

When instructing my clients, I explain that a regular meditation practice is necessary to train the brain to enter alpha and theta brain wave states. While in these states, communication between the conscious mind and the physical body is dramatically enhanced.

A regular meditation practice is necessary to train the brain.A regular meditation practice is necessary to train the brain.

I have found that when communicating, there are three key steps to gaining the cooperation of the body:

• Approach your body with genuine compassion, understanding that it is made up of conscious cells who experience emotions.
  • Build trust by engaging your body in mental conversations about your desire for the two of you to cooperate and overcome the ailment.
  • Allow changes in the conversation by using different thoughts and words that elicit spontaneous elevated emotions.

From my experience, the above guidelines are necessary to achieve dynamic healing responses in the body.

The above guidelines are necessary to achieve dynamic healing responses in the body.The above guidelines are necessary to achieve dynamic healing responses in the body.

The Force of human Intention

I recently came across a very similar set of factors that were discovered by researcher Cleve Backster, who spent 36 years studying biocommunication in plant, animal and human cells. He referred to these factors as real intent, attunement, and spontaneity.[1]

Backster, formerly an interrogation specialist for the CIA, wrote about the defining moment which led him to his real work in this world, in his book Primary Perception.[2]

This moment occurred one February morning in 1966 when he decided to monitor the Dracaena plant in his lab utilizing polygraph equipment.

Researcher Cleve Backstair spent 36 years studying biocommunication in plant, animal and human cellsCleve Backstair spent 36 years studying biocommunication in plant, animal and human cells.

He attached the electrodes to a leaf and began to think about ways that he might induce a surge in electrical activity in the plant. In humans this surge in electrical activity is associated with intense emotions.
[signupbanner]
He suddenly imagined burning the electroded leaf. The same instant this idea entered his mind, the polygraph pen shot to the top of the chart showing an extreme reaction on the part of the plant.

Amazed, he walked to his secretary’s desk to retrieve a set of matches while pondering the possibility that this plant was somehow detecting the force of human intention.

The plant reacted to the idea of being burnt.The plant reacted to the idea of being burnt.

Can Plants become Attuned to their Primary Care Takers?

When he returned with the matches, the plant was still showing the same high level reaction which would interfere with tracking additional changes on the chart. Backster decided to “remove the threat” by returning the matches to the desk.

At this point, the chart displayed a downward trend as the plant apparently began to calm down.[3] When Backster attempted to repeat the same results by pretending that he was going to burn the plant, there was no reaction. The plant seemed to sense the difference between real and artificial intent.

He eventually discovered that plants become attuned to their primary care takers, responding to both their positive and negative emotions and to their return after being away for a time.[4] Chart findings also showed that plants prioritize the emotions of their primary care takers over the emotions of others nearby.

Plants prioritize the emotions of their primary care takers over the emotions of others.Plants prioritize the emotions of their primary care takers over the emotions of others.

Signs of Consciousness

Backster later expanded his research to include testing human cells for signs of consciousness.

He collected white blood cells from human donors, electroded them in a test tube and then recorded the cells’ reactions as the donors experienced different emotional states. He found that spontaneous emotions were necessary in order to elicit an electrical reaction in the cells.

For instance, if a donor forced herself to feel an emotion, the cells would not respond. However, when she received a distressing phone call from her daughter, the cells reacted significantly.[5]

He noted that distance seemed to be irrelevant in these experiments. For example, a donor left his electroded cells behind in the lab, then kept a detailed log of any stressful emotions experienced on his trip home to another state, such as missing a turn on the freeway, standing in a long line at the airport, and the take-off of his plane.

Later, his logged incidents compared with the chart recording showed strong correlations between the timing of the stressful events and the electrical reactions in his cells. The chart became quiet again when he arrived home and went to sleep.[6]

Spontaneous emotions were necessary in order to elicit an electrical reaction in the cells.Spontaneous emotions were necessary in order to elicit an electrical reaction in the cells.

Raw Creative Healing Ability

These experiments were conducted while using equipment that screened out electromagnetic radiation — the usual energies used for information transmission. The cells behaved as if the screens weren’t there, suggesting that this communication is carried by a field still unidentified by conventional science.[7]

Some scientists believe that the further development of quantum physics may help guide us to understand this field that communicates emotional intent between living things.[8] Quantum Entanglement is a process where two particles of matter which have interacted with each other, still behave as if they are connected after being separated by many miles.

When an energetic change is made to the properties (position, momentum and rotational spin) of one of the particles, the properties of the other distant particle will change at the same instant.

Quantum Entanglement is a process where two particles of matter which have interacted with each other, still behave as if they are connected after being separated.Quantum Entanglement – two particles of matter still behave as if they are connected.

This scientific phenomenon and the research of Cleve Backster, point to the Eastern concept of oneness — the view that all of nature is interdependent. Ancient cultures understood this interconnection as a living universal energy field that sustains life while guiding the evolution of consciousness throughout the universe.

The meditation techniques involved in my practice bring the mind into attunement with this field. Energy from this field is then focused into a physical healing event through clear intention — delivered by means of a conversation that evokes spontaneous emotions — and attunes the physical body to the conscious mind.

This method which I call Antara (Sanskrit for within), enables one to experience the raw creative healing ability generated by an alliance of the mind and body with this living universal energy field.

References

[1] C. Backster, Primary Perception: Biocommunication with plants, living foods, and human cells, White Rose Millennium Press, 2003, pp. 29, 31-34, 39, 49-50. ISBN 0-966435435. [2] Ibid., p. 20 [3] Ibid., pp. 21-25. [4] Ibid., pp. 29-32 [5] Ibid., pp. 119-120 [6] Ibid., pp. 127-128. [7] Ibid., pp. 40, 79, 151 [8] D. Radin, Entangled Minds: Extrasensory experiences in a quantum reality, Pocket Books, 2006, ISBN 13: 978-1-4165-1677-4; R. Sheldrake, Morphic Resonance: The nature of formative causation, Park Street Press, 2009, ISBN 978-1-59477-317-4; D. Wilcock, The Source Field Investigations, Penguin Group, 2011, ISBN 978-0-525-95204-6.

Related

COMMENTS

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
174 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Sneha Udyawar
Sneha Udyawar
5 years ago

I found this quite intriguing. I believe in your theory that cells be it human or any other species are respondent. I futher think that even atoms react to negetive and positive energy around them.I wish to further research in this area. I am glad you brought this to our attention. Thanks

Miyo Kachi
Miyo Kachi
5 years ago

thank you for this remarkable article.. very inspiring to me in my work as an aspiring healer.

Jonathan Parkinson
Jonathan Parkinson
6 years ago

This is fascinating, and completely in line with my belief and understanding. I thoroughly recommend two books which cover this subject – Bruce Lipton’s “Biology of belief” and Dr Joe Dispenza’s “I am Placebo”- both written by experts in this field of talking to your body, and acknowledging that your brain is the ‘mothership’ in the environmental impacts on your cells. We evolve through environment, and part of that environment is your brain communicating with your body. This is an amazing story, and one to take full notice of – to develop your own method (meditation being the key to this ability to communicate with your cells and your body), and to take control of the healing power that is a fundamental ability that your body contains. Lots of love to all of you, and my advice, for what it’s worth, is to take this subject very seriously.
JP

Carinjks
Carinjks
6 years ago

I have also learned this first hand; it works, and yoga is a beautiful way to honor the body. I had grown up with the warped body image plaguing my generation of ’70s, always felt too fat even though I had a perfect shape of 36-22-36 at 18 and weighed 130. What a waste of time! I now thank my bod for lugging me through time and pat and massage its middle age soft spots and imperfections. It is gift! It is the only thing I have to walk around in, so I listen now, and live in my earth suit with dignity and gratitude.

Tony Criscuolo
Tony Criscuolo
6 years ago

Well spoken and is also a conclusion of The yoga Sutras and karma in general. That is, the effet of an action is inherently present in the act itself.

Ishan Kanodia
Ishan Kanodia
6 years ago

Hi.. I use the Silva Method to heal myself and others.. I agree completely with your post.. I have been finally able to overcome fear n anxiety (my primary issue) and healed a lot of my emotional issues.. You are doing an amazing work and it is because of your valuable offerings to these world.. You are making a better world to pass on to the next generation.. More love and Gratitude to you..
Ishan Kanodia

Fabrizio Fusco
Fabrizio Fusco
6 years ago

“When your life falls apart, you either grow or you grow a tumor. I decided to grow.” – Lissa Rankin, MD

Keith Boyer
Keith Boyer
6 years ago

These concepts are supported by the work of bestselling author and physician Dr. Kim D’Eramo. http://drkimderamo.com/ or on Facebook.

Lisa Kerry
Lisa Kerry
6 years ago

The meditation photo illustrates an impossibly uncomfortable and unrealistic seated position.

Babs Aboonie
Babs Aboonie
6 years ago

Therese, what exactly did you say to your body?

FightingFascism
FightingFascism
6 years ago

A yogi told us about this a long time ago. He said that all the cells of our body are alive, and have their own feelings and lives too. They pray to their God, just like we pray to our God. How often do we spend the time to answer the prayers of our own cells? How much more busy God must be in answering all of our prayers!

Charlene Brewer
Charlene Brewer
6 years ago

I remember many years ago, in my 30’s, when something ached or didn’t seem right with my body, I would lay down and wait for minutes, for my breathing to be calm and steady. Then I would mentally “speak’ to the various parts of my body with specific “commands” or requests. I would tell my arteries and veins to slowly open and allow my blood to freely pass through. I would tell my blood to flow freely and maintain an even pace. I would tell my heart to relax and beat slowly but evenly.

Of course I didn’t really know what words to use to direct my body and organs to respond favorably. I did this on my own, never ever hearing of anyone else doing this. I didn’t share the with anyone for fear the would deem me a whacko.

Now in my 60’s, I would like to seriously address my body and find that perfect communion. Are there specific words and functions that you might suggest, as I have no medical anatomical knowledge ? I firmly believe your article and findings to be true for I have experienced this before. What I lack are the correct words to use to rally the body, the organs, to align with my desires and requests. To be more clear, I wish my heart to regulate it’s rhythm (end the mild yet uncomfortable arrhythmia incidents). I’d like to speak to my liver, to motivate it to cleansing itself of any toxins, the stomach to let loose of the fatty cells it is holding onto. Yes I am on a restrictive diet to work on this myself, but I am convinced I can enlist the stomach to let loose of those cells it is holding, etc.
I so much have enjoyed reading your article and ready to once again, seriously reconnect in a much deeper approach, with greater self healing expectations.
Thank you for any suggestions you have to share. ?

dowsergirl
dowsergirl
6 years ago

Thank You for witnessing to the fact that we are powerful, that there is so much mystery, that we can heal each other and the planet. There is a documentary called THe Secret Life of Plants, used to be available on Netflix, that discusses research on plant communication.

Olivia Matus
Olivia Matus
6 years ago

I love this concept, this reality, and will practice more often. Thank you for it!

Rachel
Rachel
6 years ago

Fascinating, thanks so much for uploading, looking forward to experimenting 🙂

Felicity Cook
Felicity Cook
6 years ago

Thanks for this encouraging and inspiring article. As a trained Body Psychotherapist, I am fascinated by this whole idea and although I haven’t yet managed to heal myself, having read your article, I think I now have a clearer idea what to do. Thanks so much!

Christina
Christina
6 years ago

I wish to learn more about the kind of meditations that the author speaks of.

Thomas
Thomas
6 years ago

to me Yoga is a complete science by itself, eventhough we have a rich heritage and legacy, very little has been done to elevate it. Those who need Yoga will approach Yoga and get benefited by it. Thats the charm.

byronchurch
byronchurch
6 years ago

We all know the placebo effect is real and that letting go of stress and opening oneself to accepting change and healing can be a healthy part of a balanced breakfast but this is a bit silly and debunked. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleve_Backster

mae govannen
mae govannen
6 years ago

I am a French lady now in her seventies, having lived a spiritual life since decades thanks to the Integral Yoga developed by Sri Aurobindo and The Mother. It was in 1976 that I got, quite unexpectedly, my first conscious contact with my cells’ consciousness, their thoughts and feelings (including the way they felt about me at that moment!), etc. It totally stunned me, and moved me tremendously, so I devised my own way to keep this new communication between us open … and forty years later, it is still happening, with ever more benefits, physically first of all but spiritually too, to the life my cells and me share all the time, being together in this one body.
In 1996, after twenty years of keeping all this to myself, in a certain situation it became known to the other people also living in Auroville,(the experimental, international new city founded in 1968 near Pondicherry, South india, for conscious collective evolution towards Human Unity – the place where I had been living since 1972). After a while, in 1998 some of them asked me to put together a workshop to help others start a similar communication process with their own cells. I did, and since then I have been called a lot also outside of Auroville or India, to places not only in Europe but even in the USA and South America, for giving that workshop. Now I prefer to stay put in Auroville and rather let the people interested discover this unusual possibility while they are also exploring Auroville at large and its fantastic diversity. I still reach out to the larger world through the blog I started in 2011, ‘Lab of Evolution’:
labofevolution.wordpress.com/
On this blog one of the main categories is of course ‘Cellular Consciousness’, and as all my posts get automatically published as well on my Facebook Page (Bhaga d’Auroville), quite a few people all over the world are following what I write, some with a particular interest for the ‘cellular news’ I often give. I of course love to be able sometimes to include cellular news from other sources, and I’ll be delighted to put the article above on my blog after I am finished adding this comment to the very interesting other ones I have been so happy to read. My smiling thanks to all for this wonderful sharing that has been so encouraging for me and this aspect of the work I do in Auroville I happen to be also a total fan of Tolkien and his Middle-earth saga, so don’t be surprised if I sign here in the Elvish way to greet people!..:-)

siochain
siochain
6 years ago

some how when I was young I new the to be a reality. I was born with a heart condition aortic stenosis I was told my aortic valve was one tenth the size After my second surgery I focused on the problem area and when I had my 3rd surgery I was told much to my surgeon’s surprise that my aortic artery was of normal size. . And also experienced other healing threw visualization and fasting . What kind of meditation do you do that helps you to train the brain to enter alpha and theta brain wave states?

shamshad
shamshad
6 years ago

yes , I think it is possible,there must be communication in all living and nonliving objects.
I am interested in it , in future I will surely share my experience about this type of communication.

mrmars72
mrmars72
6 years ago

I was tempted to post some long-winded sarcastic comment, but suffice it to say that for me this cuts it. One too many pseudoscientific post for my liking. You want to create some fantasy universe to live in? Help yourself but I’m not wasting my time reading this stuff anymore.

CYNTHIA
CYNTHIA
6 years ago

I began earnestly listening to my body and talking to my body at age 50. Think I always did this on a sub conscious level. But on a conscious level I began asking my body to accept the good things and discard the bad, while trying to eat healthily, minimize negativity, and put my attention of positive things. I am now 75 years old and in good health. I have my own eating cycles, sleep cycles, and my diet varies from meat, in moderation, fewer carbohydrates, greens to include algae, asparagus, artichokes, and lately arugula. I follow my body’s guide as to sugars. I started using coconut oil on my body in the early 80’s when in Belize and the owner of the hotel made coconut oil. Cook some with it, especially popcorn. only use olive oil, otherwise. I read profusely about nutrition, positive spirituality, the body’s abilities..which brings us to your article. I hug trees, walk barefoot on the beach with the conscious intention of connecting with the earth’s rythms. swim and float the Caribbean Sea almost daily, try to minimize plastic which is hard since it is everywhere. I send love to the earth and all it embodies every day and I ask her to heal herself as we heal ourselves…Thank you!!!!

mohini
mohini
6 years ago

YES ,IT HAPPENS…i often talk to my body ,and am currently healing my eyesight.Number of ailments i have self-healed..it works!!! sometimes it takes a while but the ailment goes!!!
INFACT i even talk to my food to give me energy and to my body asking it to accept the nourishment…..i am actually trying to reverse diabetes!I did regain 2 kgs weight over 2 months but lost it because of food poisoning!! now im back to trying to get my body to heal!!!

1 2 3 5
174
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x

Get our regular newsletter sharing the latest updates, articles, films and events.

How will my data be used?